We have two types of options:
1. Shopify options use Shopify's variant system which you use in Shopify's backend (normal products)
- They limit each product to a max of 3 options and 100 variants.
- Allow for custom pricing (prices for different variants).
- Images associated with variants (so they change when a variant is selected).
- And inventory control.
2. Virtual Options let you get past the option/variant limits of Shopify options,
- They don't support custom pricing.
- Images aren't associated with variants (they don't change when the variant is selected)
- Or inventory control.
Virtual Options will appear right below the "Shopify Options"
Click on "Add Virtual Option" to add an option
For "Name" enter the title you want to give the option. For example size, or color.
Next choose the "type" of product option you want
Under" values", enter all the variants you want for the product option with a comma in between each variant.
For example "blue, red, white, grey"
If you check the box marked "required" the customer has to add one of these options to checkout.
If you check the box for "conditional" it will only show this option if a defined option is selected.
In this example, the product option I just created will only appear when "Size Small" is selected.
You can also define which option you want to be preselected (selected when the product loads).
- To do this check the box for "Preselect this value"
- Then choose which value you want preselected.
- You may need to press "ok" then click "edit" to see these options come up.
If you click the box for "Multiselect" it will allow the customer to choose multiple variants.